Modem-lights FC5

Richard England rengland at europa.com
Sat Aug 26 06:09:19 UTC 2006

Charles A. Crayne wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:16:37 -0700
> Richard England <rengland at europa.com> wrote:
>
> :I have modem lights configured and working under FC5 for a dial-up
> :connection but I find that even when connected it still flashes yellow
> :at me (connecting) instead of going to green (connected) and it never
> :tracks the input/output like it does in FC3 (with the bar chart).
>
> It's been a long time since I had this problem, but I seem to recall that
> it is a configuration issue. Somewhere along the line, the lock file name
> changed. /var/lock/LCK..myS0 works for me.
>
> -- Chuck

Thank you, Chuck, but when I have the modem connected and I check
/var/lock, the only file it seems to have created for the lock file is
/var/lock/LCK..ttyS14
That is what I have set up for the lock file in modem lights.  When the
connection is broken it goes away so I'm pretty certain that is the
correct lock file....

--
--R