Copy a CD with cdrecord and a single burner

CodeHeads codeheads at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 14:11:50 UTC 2006

On 8/25/06, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear All
> >
> > Does somebody know how to copy a CD to another one
> > with only one
> > burner and using the command line, say, cdrecord?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Paul

Hey Paul :)  Long time no talk :) LOL

Here is what I have used and has "worked" for me. Hopefully it will
work for you.

#!/bin/bash

# FILENAME: cdcopy
# AUTHOR: Will W. (CodeHeads - http://code-heads.com)
# DATE: Dec. 2, 05
# YOU MAY MODIFY THIS IF YOU LIKE AND ALSO DISTRIBUTE IT AS WELL

# README (CONFIGURE)
# Change the OF to your /home/username path
# CDROM should be OK
# SPEED Should be your CD burner write speed

# INSTALLATION #
# Place this file in your /bin directory and name it cdcopy
# CHMOD 700
# CHOWN user "Where user is your login name"
# CHGRP user "Where user is your login name"

# PROBLEMS
# If you have problems using it (getting errors) su to root and use
# it under the root user.

# QUESTIONS??
# Visit our forum at http://code-heads.com/home/forum.php

OF=/home/codehead/image.iso #PATH TO IMAGE
CDROM=/dev/cdrom #DEVICE
SPEED=20 #CHANGE THIS TO YOUR CD BURNER WRITE SPEED

echo "Welcome to CodeHeads CD Copy Utility"
echo "Insert CD to Copy"
echo "Press Enter When Ready. "
read ready

echo; echo "Copy source CD.........."
echo "May take awhile......"

dd if=$CDROM of=$OF #WRITING IMG

echo; echo "Remove Source CD"
echo "Insert blank CD-R/CR-RW"
echo "Press enter when ready"
read ready

echo "Copying image to CD..."

cdrecord -v -eject speed=$SPEED $OF #WRITING IMAGE TO CD

echo; echo "Done copying CD!!"
echo "Do you wish to delete the image file? (y/n)"
read answer

case "$answer" in
[Yy] ) rm -f $OF
echo "Image erased from system."
;;
*) echo "Image NOT erased, you might want to erase it";;
esac

echo

exit 0

Here is the post in the forums.