vi editor

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Aug 28 21:59:12 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 08:00 +0200, Kevac Marko wrote:
> > but that's the beauty of gvim. When you're in an X environment use
> gvim,
> > and you have access to scrollbars, and easy select and cut+paste
> etc;
> > when you're in a non-X environment, revert to vim - all the same
> editing
> > functionality minus a few extra features.
>
> You are probably right. I just wanted to know if there is solution for
> vim to use mouse properly.

That depends on your definition of properly!

In the text window you have the ability to use the mouse as it has been
used for years.
highlight desired text, then center click to copy.
That has been the usage for more than 15 years that I am aware of.

The cut/paste/delete/move/etc features are purely X features that do not
exist in the basic command line world.