Sendmail bug to flaw: should I file another bug report?

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Wed Aug 30 15:46:54 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Quick redhat.bugzilla.com question...

Someone filed a bug which tells of Sendmail 8.13.8 being released, which fixed
a bug in 8.13.7. Well, now that the bug is now a security issue and a few
machines are reported to be DOS'd, the original bug filer updated it to
"urgent" and I appended/added references to the FrSIRT and other advisory
links. But, now that this is a security issue, should I refile the bug as an
urgent, high priority security problem?

I haven't heard a peep from RedHat on this yet, so is it possible that they
don't see the security side of it? I am assuming they do and I am also
assuming I don't need to re-file, but I want to make sure for future
reference.

Thanks for any suggestions on protocol!