FC6: Things segfaulting all over

Vijay Gill vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 13:05:42 UTC 2006

Back again with more results.

As I mentioned in my old mails in this thread, I was seeing this
seg-faulting thing while compile stuff like lame, mplayer, xvid etc.
on my ASUS A7N8X VM/400 with Athlon XP 3200+ with PC3200 RAM (using
on-board AGP).

I replaced RAM with PC2700 and also replaced the Athlon XP 3200+ with
XP2400+ (from the machine I retired) and it seems to be working
properly now.

Ran memtest+ for an hour - no problems. Compiled stuff (mplayer, xvid,
lame, x264 etc) - no crash. I encoded my mythtv recordings to XviD -
no crash.

Let's see how it turns out, but for a moment I was really thinking of
bringing my DXR out of retirement.

Vijay