Mom! K3b and yum are not sharing their toys again!!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 04:19:56 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 13:51 -0800, David Boles wrote:

> Ric Moore wrote:
> >> there is also a specific k3b list that it might be helpful to cross-post to...
> >> Dave
> >
> > Am I hearing that I should victimize others as well?? Great idea! I'll
> > trundle off and do just that.
> >
> > My thinking is that our packager omitted the setup and that the k3b
> > bunch will point that out like real quick, and throw rotten fruit in the
> > general direction of RH/FC while praising Ubuntu to the heavens.
> >
> > I'll cut n paste the gruesome results to here. <smirks> Ric
>

> I have not used K3b in years. K3bSetup USED to be a separate program
> that ran when you first started the program or it could be run from the
> Control Center. Now it appears to be here:  'K3b > Settings > Configure
> K3b'.
>
> Have you never used 'yum whatprovides <filename>'?  Yum whatprovides
> K3bSetup tells me that K3b provides K3bsetup and K3bsetup is now
> composed of locale files.
>
> Yum can be your friend.

Thanks! What do I do with "locale" files? The error message kept saying
to run K3bSetup, not to go to a menu option. I think I may have one
clue, that the eject doesn't work. I looked at "eject" in /usr/bin which
is a link. I also found kdeeject in /usr/bin. I switched  the link to
that, since I use kde, and the tray popped open when it was supposed to.
I finally got the dvd read to an iso file. Now I need to get some double
layer Dvds to write to. Ric