email to fax server sugetions

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Sun Dec 3 14:47:25 UTC 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 09:56:26PM -0500, Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:
> HylaFax is probably worth looking at.  Though I have not made it around
> to setting up the email to fax portion, there are some notes on their
> site about how to go about doing so.

I've put it in service at a client site--no problems, although there will
be some learning curve if you really want to get into all the options.

The Windows client we settled on was commercial software--HylaFSP--just
because, while there's a long list of free Windows clients on the HylaFax
site, the (human) client burned out on testing after going through
five or six.  All we tested had some glitches or peculiarities that had to be
uncovered in testing. When we dropped HylaFSP in place, it just started
working, and the price was acceptable for a small shop ($34/client.)
This might be a problem in a larger shop; and I can't say there's not
one of the free ones farther down on the list at hylafax.org that won't
drop in as easily.

Cheers,
--