Unable To Boot From a Fedora Core 6 DVD Disk

Chong Yu Meng chongym at cymulacrum.net
Sun Dec 3 15:54:25 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 13:37 -0500, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> Chong Yu Meng wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>      It is one of the slim versions that I can swap out into the
> internal CDROM drive.

I'm pretty sure it is your BIOS then. The Thinkpad T30 is a really old
model (2003?)-- I'm surprised that you could even get a slimline DVD
drive for it. Have you looked at this page:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T30 ? There are some helpful
hints there.

I think the DVD support for the T30 may be dependent on the docking
station -I'm not sure about that, but it would not surprise me- but even
if you could get past that, you'd probably need to install in text mode
first, because of the ATI card (which is a Radeon -- alarm bells here!
Search the mail archives for information on installation problems with
this card).

You will need to prepare yourself for quite an adventure! Have you
considered installing over a network or USB hard disk instead? It may be
easier at first.

Regards,
pascal chong