No way to use language packs of Firefox

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:08:27 UTC 2006

Paul Smith wrote:
>> cannot
>> language

>> That's the control for the preferred language when negotiating a
>> page (webservers should be able to deliver multiple versions of
>> a URL according to the users preferred language).

>> menu.
>> >
>> > Do others experience the same thing?
>> >

>> Is it possible you want Firefox 2.0's spell-check feature?
>
> Yes, I do want a spell-check feature.

Firefox 1.5 (the version you get with Fedora) doesn't have
this as standard, you may be able to find an extension that
does it.  The Firefox 2.0 binary from Mozilla does have its
own spell-check, and with English GB and French dictionaries
installed I can see a language select on the right click
menu when "spell check this field" is ticked.

--
imalone