Totem=noshow

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 14:13:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 09:08 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> I'd like to do this, so its a valid part of the rpm database, can I get
> the .spec file somewhere?  Or, maybe even better, get it in the right
> format from the OpenJava site, but the propaganda all reads like its
> source only & doesn't seem to say if it will build with the current gcc.

Gene, I got the java package straight from java and put the tar file
in /opt (that way it isn't not lost among everything else.) and unpacked
it there. Then I put links to java in /usr/bin and /usr/lib and all the
mozilla / firefox / and dot mozilla usual places. Piece O cake, even for
me. Finley's notes work well if you just follow each step without
zooming past anything. Ric