Unclean shutdown, Mozilla won't start

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 5 03:08:10 UTC 2006

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>>I had to do an emergency shutdown due to complete system lockup,
>>and now Mozilla won't start. It puts up a dialogue screen asking
>>what profile to use (only one selection, "default"). If I tell
>>it to start up, then it says it can't because the profile is
>>in use.
>>
>>Could someone please tell me how to convince Mozilla that it should
>>let me browse?
>

> Look under ~/.mozilla for a file call lock (if memory serves me) and delete it.

Ok, I had found a file (link) ~/.mozilla/default/eno64hz7.slt/lock
and wondered whether I could just delete. Based on your feedback,
I deleted that link, and Mozilla starts up ok.

It might be nice if Mozilla had a way to to tell it to do that
itself.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.