Unclean shutdown, Mozilla won't start

Kurt Wall kwall at kurtwerks.com
Tue Dec 5 03:37:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 09:08:10PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

> Ok, I had found a file (link) ~/.mozilla/default/eno64hz7.slt/lock
> and wondered whether I could just delete. Based on your feedback,
> I deleted that link, and Mozilla starts up ok.
>
> It might be nice if Mozilla had a way to to tell it to do that
> itself.

It is only necessary (sometimes) when Mozilla terminates abnormally.
I created a script (rmlock) to do this for me:

--- cut here ---
#!/bin/bash
find $HOME/.mozilla -name lock -exec rm {} \;
--- cut here ---

Kurt
--
How many Unix hacks does it take to change a light bulb?
   Let's see, can you use a shell script for that or does it need a C program?