dbus dependencies problem

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 15:23:47 UTC 2006

On 12/5/06, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > I am having the following dependencies problem:
> >
> > Resolving Dependencies
> > --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> > ---> Package dbus-x11.i386 0:1.0.1-2.fc6 set to be updated
> > ---> Package dbus.i386 0:1.0.1-2.fc6 set to be updated
> > ---> Package dbus-devel.i386 0:1.0.1-2.fc6 set to be updated
> > --> Running transaction check
> > --> Processing Dependency: dbus = 0.61 for package: dbus-qt
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: dbus = 0.61 is needed by package dbus-qt
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> When I had a problem like this it was because (I was dealing with a
> different package) dbus-qt was not the latest version so the
> dependencies it wanted were not installed.
> I would try to remove dbus-qt the do the yum update again.
> Finally if necessary you could reinstall dbus-qt
>
> Maybe your problem is different but it would be worth a try.

I did the following:

1. removed dbus-qt;
2. yum update.

But now,

# yum install dbus-qt
Plugin "gpgcheck" uses deprecated constant TYPE_INTERFACE.
Please use TYPE_INTERACTIVE instead.
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Excluding Packages from Extra Fedora rpms dries - 6 - i386
Finished
Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: dbus-qt
Nothing to do