HAL vs CUPS default printer removal??

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 5 22:47:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 12:27 -0500, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I think it's a bug.  Every time I login HAL ?? reconfigures my printer
> so that the default printer is no longer checkmarked.  It is easy to
> reset but the queue usually has a couple of print jobs in it I have
> forgotten about and no longer want.
>
> --
> Regards Bill

What you say is interesting. One of my colleagues was complaining of the
same thing. I assume it is a local printer, This has never happened to
me but I thik it is a function of the printer,  It is not every printer
that Hal can detect. My belief it is only the higher end printers that
have this problem. But it is a problem.
Yow! It's some people inside the wall! This is better than mopping!
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net