tvtime does not work

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue Dec 5 21:54:09 UTC 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 18:11, Erik Grootjans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a TV card with a BT878 Chip.
> I live in Holland, so we use pal as the tv standard.
>
> When i configure tvtime like this. it can not find any channels
>
> How can i solve this problem
>
> Thanks
>
> Erik

Hi Erik. Can you post some more info. Which card are you using? /sbin/lspci -v
will show this. Also can you post the relevant bits from dmesg, for when the
bttv stuff is loaded.

Which FC version, and kernel are you using?

I have an Hauppauge Win TV Express card, using bt878a driver. I'm in Northern
France, and can receive SECAM channels from France, PAL channels from
Belgiam, and PAL channels from the UK, all with an antenna, but have had to
set various options in /etc/modprobe.conf to get this card working.

I havn't had much success with tvtime, and am using Xawtv, Xawdecode, or Kdetv
for viewing TV.

It may also be worth posting to the video4linux list with this problem. they
can be a bit slow to answer as it's mainly a developers list
video4linux-list at redhat.com