*ALMOST* longing for Windows stability

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Wed Dec 6 03:36:49 UTC 2006

About an hour ago, I logged off my kde session. My LCD monitor
immediately went to a black screen - with no way of logging back in -
when the session ended.

It took me 8 (eight) times going through a reboot process before I could
get FC5 to present me with a login screen. The first 7 times, I got
either a black screen or an "Out of Range" error. Finally, it presented
me with a login screen and I was able to get the system up.

I *KNOW* this isn't typical ... if it were, no one on the face of the
planet would be running Fedora. Unfortunately, that doesn't make my life
any easier - it is happening here.

There are some real experts here. I know, they've helped me out with
other problems. Does anyone know how to fix this? While a real fix is
what's needed, even a bypass - a way to get back to a login screen when
the system is acting up - would be a tremendous improvement.

Thanks in advance.
---Michael