floppy drive and FC5

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 6 17:16:18 UTC 2006

john s. wrote:
> oldman wrote:

> I'm fairly new to linux;  where would I log into root and enter mount?

In any terminal window, use su. Be sure to use the "-" after the command

[jmccarty at Presario-1 0DataSheets]$ su -
Password:
[root at Presario-1 root]# pwd
/root
[root at Presario-1 root]#

Note the difference in the prompt. My "current directory" is now the
root home directory, and I am root. To get back, use "exit"

[root at Presario-1 root]# exit

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.