Automatically Having Atheros- Based Card to Auto-Configure

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Thu Dec 7 02:50:09 UTC 2006

Hello,

     First, I want to say that my Atheros-based card is working
perfectly.  Well, almost.  Is there anyone using this type of card where
it can automatically configure itself upon boot-up?  Everytime I have to
boot the computer, I always have to type in a password for it to be
configured properly. I can also see as the hardware is being detected,
it seems to indicate that the card cannot be found (WiFi0).  I am using
an IBM ThinkPad T-30 and am using a Linksys WPC55AG card, which uses the
Atheros-based drivers. I am also using WPA2 encryption through Network
Manager and the card is receiving its signal through a Linksys broadband
router (WRT54G).  I want to know if there is a way to automate this
process.  If there is, what do I have to configure to make this process
happen automatically without having to type any passwords?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.