Totem=noshow

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 07:06:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 15:55 +0000, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 09:15:33 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 12:06 +0000, Leo wrote:
> >

> >> It is very confusing to newbies. We shouldn't make totem the universal
> >> player.
> > Here here! Amen! Can we have a halleluah?? It's been hated for a long
> > time, so I have no clue why it continues to be pushed onto us. I guess
> > we need to raise the volume a bit. Ric
> >

> I don't know if it's hated. I, for one, always try totem first, to see
> what it can do in this release. I'd really like to see totem do everything
> I need it to do. Until it does, I can't just not watch the proprietary
> media formats, I have to use something else.

Trust me, it's hated. No doubt about it. Despised as well.

 Usage: Hate is the generic word, and implies that one is
          inflamed with extreme dislike. We abhor what is deeply
          repugnant to our sensibilities or feelings. We detest
          what contradicts so utterly our principles and moral
          sentiments that we feel bound to lift up our voice
          against it. What we abominate does equal violence to
          our moral and religious sentiments. What we loathe is
          offensive to our own nature, and excites unmingled
          disgust. Our Savior is said to have hated the deeds of
          the Nicolaitanes; his language shows that he loathed
          the lukewarmness of the Laodiceans; he detested the
          hypocrisy of the scribes and Pharisees; he abhorred
          the suggestions of the tempter in the wilderness.
          [1913 Webster]

There! I got that load off of my chest, I feel BETTER! <grins> Ric