dmraid

Hadders fedora at workingwithit.com
Fri Dec 8 01:48:13 UTC 2006

Hi people,
  Well, now I'm confused.  I've got my SATAII disks in, configured the
container in the Intel BIOS, set it up as RAID 0, can see it in Windows,
but not sure what's going on in Linux.

I've run --
 > dmraid -s
*** Group superset isw_cibehjbdcg
--> Subset
name   : isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0
size   : 1250275846
stride : 256
type   : stripe
status : ok
subsets: 0
devs   : 2
spares : 0

 >   dmraid -ay
ERROR: dos: reading /dev/mapper/isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0[No such file or
directory]

/dev/sda: isw, "isw_cibehjbdcg", GROUP, ok, 625142446 sectors, data@ 0
/dev/sdb: isw, "isw_cibehjbdcg", GROUP, ok, 625142446 sectors, data@ 0

 > dmraid -ay -f isw
RAID set "isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0" already active
ERROR: dos: reading /dev/mapper/isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0[No such device or
address]

 > dmraid -s
*** Group superset isw_cibehjbdcg
--> Active Subset
name   : isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0
size   : 1250275846
stride : 256
type   : stripe
status : ok
subsets: 0
devs   : 2
spares : 0

In short, I'm not really sure what's going on. Nor do I know how to
access the conatiner?
Why am I getting the "dos" error?
The partitions are on the container are:
P1 48GB > NTFS
P2 48GB > NTFS
P3 100MB > ext3
Logical container
L1 100GB > FAT32
L2 300GB > NTFS
L3 97GB > ext3
L4 3GB > swap

Thanks for any help people can provide. H