How to setup 56K dailup connection.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Dec 8 15:50:14 UTC 2006

Stephen Liu wrote:

> Tks for your advice.
>
> I setup 56k modem connetion with kppp.  It is now working.  But I can't
> make it connected automatically at boot.  "system-config-network" has
> this option.  Unfortunately I can't make it to work.

Kppp was not designed to bring up the network at boot. It is
designed to let a user connect after he/she has logged in. If I
remember correctly, the kppp configuration created by user A is not
usable by user B by default. (But I could be wrong on this - it has
been a while sense i used kppp...)

Mikkel