opera

roland roland at cat.be
Sun Dec 10 11:44:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 01:12:09 +0100, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/12/06, roland <roland at cat.be> wrote:
>> > What do you mean to click on them? What do you think that clicking on
>> > them does that changes them to mbox?
>> >
>> When you open All messages, you get
>> Received
>> outbox
>> sent
>> Drafts
>> Trash
>>
>> A right click on the mouse will give you a menu with an export line.
>> This
>> export will result in a received.mbs,outbox.mbs,sen.mbs aso.
>> These files will be imported in a new installation of opera without any
>> problem.
>
> You went to far. The files are already stored as mbox. Take a look at
> this, for older Opera (but maybe still valid):
> http://www.dotancohen.com/howto/netscape_bat_email.php
> It should give you an idea of where to look for things.

I think you understood this wrongly. Opera makes a file for every email,
which end with .mbs. If you want to import these you have import every
file seperately. This works but..Imagine what a job!

So right-mouse-clicking is the only way, to my opinion.

Nowedays I store every mail as a .ps(printjob) in seperated
subject-directories. Therefore I will be independant from mail clients ( I
am sick of those compatiblity issues)

Or am I wrong?
Roland