graphics/video stuff (again)..

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Sun Dec 10 13:18:36 UTC 2006

I have been slaving away here trying to get video stuff working in Mozilla
with fc6.  I read all I could read about totem and mplayer etc., and
installed everything I could get my hands on.  But still no video from
www.cnn.com web pages.  I like to watch those video news shots that they
have there, and so far no luck.

And than, I switched browsers.  I brought up konqueror and bingo.  I have
great video on all those video scenes that www.cnn.com
provides..  Wow.  Really nice.
So I went back to Mozilla and I don't get any video but I do get a message
saying "no picture".  But I have the audio just fine.  And also something
else - I no longer get that 'totem' message that says something about totem
not being able to find the 'mms' driver to play this video.

So, I have made some progress but I was wondering how close I am to getting
Mozilla to work like Konqueror?  I think I am close but what more do I need
to do to get mozilla working like konqueror.??

Thanks..

---
Ted Gervais,
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia, Canada