graphics/video stuff (again)..

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 10 14:21:14 UTC 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:18:36 -0400
Ted Gervais <ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca> wrote:

> So, I have made some progress but I was wondering how close I am to getting
> Mozilla to work like Konqueror?  I think I am close but what more do I need
> to do to get mozilla working like konqueror.??

They work for me with mplayer and mplayerplug-in from livna. Basically, I
added the livna repo, ran yumex, then searched for everything named "mplayer",
"codec", "dvd", "ffmpeg", "transcode", and some other names I forgot, and
downloaded all of 'em :-).

I also downloaded various mplayer win32 codec packages from around the
web and merged all of them into the /usr/lib/codecs directory so anything
mplayer can't get natively, it can almost certainly get with one of the
win32 codecs (I still find the odd video that the native codecs won't
play, but not very often). These only work with a 32 bit mplayer by the way.

I also found that removing the free totem package and installing totem-xine
from livna produced a tetem that worked better, so if you don't install
the mplayerplug-in rpm, perhaps the normal totem plugin would work with
totem-xine.