opera

roland roland at cat.be
Sun Dec 10 20:41:28 UTC 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 01:12:09 +0100, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  After logging in into WinXp, the Desktop is generated and after doing
> something, I don't know what, the keyboard will be ready to start. And
> then windows restarts/reboots and gives the job back to Grub.
>   The keyboard will be ready to start? What do you mean by that?
> I really can't think of any reason in the world that windows would
> boot first, then load grub after resetting itself. Are you sure it's
> windows, and not the NT bootloader? Can you post a screenshot
> somewhere and link to it?

I have a partition winXP and linux. Because Linux was installed second,
grub was installed. So when the pc restarts itself it will start grub. If
winXP is active and restarts itself it will give the job back to grub, are
should I say the pc reloads grub. Because the default start in Grub is
Linux and there is no input, grub will start Linux, unless you choose from
the grub menu another operating system, p.e. WinXP.

Wenn I say the keyboard is ready, I mean that the operating system in this
case WinXp is so busy that it locks up the keyboard for a certain time. If
you are very lucky you can prevent an automatic restart by killing tasks
in the Taskmanager.I suppose if you kill the right one, WinXp will give
the keyboard back to you, and get stable.

I hope you follow my explanation now.

Roland