Old livna kmod

Hadders fedora at workingwithit.com
Mon Dec 11 02:31:49 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 07:36 +0800, Hadders wrote:
>
>> Again, yumex just shows me the latest to install, not a legacy driver.
>>

> Went through that myself, a few days ago, before deciding that FC6 and
> an old NVidia card worked better without a special NVidia driver (I
> didn't really want to play games on the PC, just wanted to see if I
> could get some different scan rates for my monitor).  Try appending
> "-legacy" onto the end of the package name you're trying to download.
> That is, if you're using the term "legacy" in the manner that NVidia
> refers to (older video cards).

Not quite, I'm using legacy in terms of old drivers.  I have a 7600, not
exactly an old card, yet ;-)

I've decided I'll just download drivers from nVidia.  I'll probably end
up doing what I do for Windows, which is once I have a stable driver for
the video, I tend not to update for sometime and even then only when
there are significant performance gains or benefits.  My motto is don't
fix what ain't broke.  I've spent to many hours staying up-to-date and
getting headaches to be bothered with it any more.

Thanks for the tip though