fedora-list Digest, Vol 34, Issue 99

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Dec 11 15:30:10 UTC 2006

fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:12:40 +1030 From: Tim
<ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> Subject: Re: phpMyAdmin Administration
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com> Message-ID:
<1165808560.6065.9.camel at fastvege.lan.cameratim.com> Content-Type:
text/plain On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 15:10 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
 > > In trying to get past this error, the entire phpMyAdmin folder is now
 > > owned by apache and *everything* has been chmod'ed to 777....I can't
 > > get any more world writeable than that but still the error.
 >
 >Do NOT forget to undo that when you find the solution.  You don't want
 >things world writable, nor owned by Apache (which comes down to the >same
 >thing - if Apache owns the files, then the world can write to them,
 >through Apache).

Well I still have not figured it out. I downloaded an update of
phpMyAdmin (2.9.1-rc2), deleted the old version completely and tried
again, following the instructions.
The config folder and the config.inc.php in it are owned by
nobody:nobody. and scripts/setup.php cannot save....

The same config works just fine in the top directory level. The problem
here is why cannot the setup script save properly?

Is there some interaction going on with httpd.conf of which I am unaware?

Geoff