[Fedora] Re: Redirect domain to specific port

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:50:50 UTC 2006

On 12/11/06, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > The only way i know of is to have an ip per domain, then you can route
> > accordingly.
>     Well, in that sense, I can add more IPs to the same interface
> (eth0:0, eth0:1, etc., etc.) but I still don't know how to route them
> afterwards.

You can use Iptables directly, in which case you will have to write up
your firewall, or use one of the many Iptables GUI tools. In the
former case you may want to open a new thread, although the online
HOWTOs are quite verbose. In the later case, I know that all the tools
support sub interface (eth0:0) I am not sure how many do.

Configuring Iptables by hand can be quite an educational experience,
however, it is quite time consuming the first time.

Good luck.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud