Monitor destroyed by install

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 12 06:24:58 UTC 2006

At 08:52 PM 12/11/2006, you wrote:
>I'm confused, does the monitor work under XP, or not?  If so, then
>it's not really destroyed, is it?

No, it *no longer* works under XP. Before the install, it worked fine
under XP. For the first few screens of the install, it also worked
OK. Then it stopped working, under either FC6 or XP.

>  FC6 is probably just feeding it a bad signal, and it shuts off to
> protect itself.  That's what monitors are supposed to do.

True, FC6 fed it a "bad signal". The monitor displays a message when
frequency is out of range; it doesn't just shut off. In this case, it
displayed some specks.

>Are you connecting it to a different machine, or the same machine
>after swapping in a different video card?

Different machine, different video card.