cpu overheating

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 12 23:52:24 UTC 2006

Tim:
>> Overheating is always a failure of the cooling system.

Mike McCarty:
> I never said otherwise. Of course it is.

Well, you were certainly arguing in that direction with my post that you
got your knickers in a twist over.  I'd argued that whatever the reason
for the overheating (faulty, or normal use of the computer), the cooling
needed fixing.  You were *only* being concerned about what the computer
was doing at the time.

It doesn't matter *why*, at that stage.  If the computer is overheating,
the computer *is* overheating.  *That* has to be addressed, and the
computer has to be built so it doesn't overheat, even if run at 100%
continuously.

I read messages from the public lists.