print interface for evolution

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 13 16:16:29 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 23:29 +0100, roland wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:36:22 +0100, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 23:12 +0100, roland wrote:
> >> On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:43:04 +0100, Aaron Konstam
> >> <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>

> >> duplex,

> >> between:
> >>
> >> If you go more down then you will see this
> >> settings - Default - Configure
> >> Clicking on Configure will lead you to the little window with this
> >> 'duplex' option.
> > You are right but in doing that I learned something. When I printed
> > before option 2. above was the default option. However, highlighting
> > option 3 and clicking default changed that. I also noticed that the
> > option checked is dependent on the printer you choose to print to. So in
> > my case the Generic Postscript corresponded to Duplex being checked and
> > my default printer had neither duplex not tumble checked. Again this
> > could be changed and would remain for the printer it was identified
> > with.
> >> From this I assume that you need a choice in the display to correspond
> > to the kind of printer(s) you are using.
> >
> Could you explain this in another way. I don't understand. I am never able
> to change the default option.
Actually now I am trying to explain it to myself. I goofed. There is no
doubt that the configuration settings are tied to the printer used to
print. So using the list above, on my machine option 2. is tied to the
Duplex configuration and option 3. has neither Duplex or tumbled
checked.  I suspect this is tied to the printer definition. What I
managed to do with Default is to make option 3. (my  local printer) the
default instead of option 2.
But when I exited evolution and restarted it the old defaults were back.
So I failed to do what you wanted to do. I am sorry I was so optimistic
when I sent you the message.

Dirksen's Three Laws of Politics: (1) Get elected. (2) Get re-elected.
(3) Don't get mad, get even. -- Sen. Everett Dirksen
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net