FC6 dual-head malfunctioning (probing wrong monitor)

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Dec 14 10:26:40 UTC 2006

Around about 14/12/06 00:12, Tim typed ...
> What about:  system-config-display --reconfig

   Would that be any diff. to deleting the xorg.conf & running
system-config-display, which didn't work?  I also tried 'X -configure' which
similarly didn't work.

> Also thinking out loud, I wonder if making the xorg.conf directory and
> files read-only is an idea, once you get something that works.

   I always keep a backup of my current working xorg.conf;  this
malfunctioning one wasn't changed by the upgrade from when it worked under
FC5 :-/

   I'll put up with keeping the monitor unplugged at power-up for now;
guess I'll have to get the Xorg source and have a rummage :-/

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature