Video drivers on laptop with ATI card.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 13:02:27 UTC 2006

On 14/12/06, Charles Tuckey <charles at tuckey.ca> wrote:
> I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 with the ATI X1400 card. You will need to
> install the ATI  driver to use it properly but the vesa driver will do
> until you can do that. You might want to
> look at http://inspironlinux.blogspot.com where I'm documenting
> setting up my laptop with FC6. It's not a "how-to" by any stretch of
> the imagination but you might find something useful. I haven't posted
> how to actually do the driver install yet. That's the next post,
> should be up in a couple days. As the other poster said, phoronix.com
> is a good site too.
>
> charlie

Can I encourage you to post more about your experiences, especially
that "next post" about the card setup? I have a feeling that I'll be
your first regular on that blog.

I was happy to see your recommendation about the text-based install.
That was my intention, as I've never like graphical installations for
some reason. I even prefer yum to pirut for some strange reason. I
feel that there is less hidden magic, and more concrete facts about
text-based configuration/updating/installations.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/why_are_internet_greeting_cards_dangerous.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/479/tool.php