FC6 - FATAL : module acpi_cpufreq not found

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 14 13:33:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 22:55 -0800, Barry Yu wrote:
> After a completion of new installation and system rebooted, started
> the first time booting up, noticed that "FATAL : module acpi_cpufreq
> not found " display, and the booting up was still continueing

Same here, and I think the problem is only fatal to the module trying to
play with the CPU frequency.  I had that error, and things continued on
fine.

> until reached "Starting xend. " and just stuck there forever.

Did you do the xen virtualisation installation (named something like
that, I can't recall the exact description)?  Perhaps you shouldn't have
picked that option.