KDE Display config and Screensaver???

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 07:17:44 UTC 2006

Hi,

(1) In my recently installed and updated FC5 and using KDE, I cannot
make my screensaver work. I can choose the screensaver and test it but
when I leave the monitor for certain time, only big X (or some
different random size X) is displayed instead of screensaver I
selected.

(2) No matter what I do the screen still goes to blank (power saving
mode) which I don't want. By default the power control was set off in
KDE Display control but monitor still goes to power saviing mode. From
the "Enable Display Power Management" and set all the sliders back to
zero. Still monitor goes to power saving mode.

What I wanted to do is
Turn off monitor power management and
Activate the Screensaver I selected.

How can I do that?