Mozilla vs IE CSS differences

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Fri Dec 15 10:57:00 UTC 2006

On Dec 14 Gary Stainburn did spake thusly:

> Hi Tim.
>
> I've tried your suggestions as well as a few from other people and have not
> managed to get it working in IE, although I did in Mozilla Firefox.
>
> I've given up, removed the border/padding/margin from stylesheet, and added
> border=1 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 to the HTML, which at least renders near
> enough the same in both browsers and is near enough what I want.
>
> What I actually wanted was just a single pixel wide, solid black box, with no
> whitespace round it. What I've got is a 2 pixel (1 for each cell) grey
> border.
>
> If anyone knows how, from scratch, to do the .css file to achieve this, for
> both browsers, then I'll be able to work from there. Otherwise, I'll make do.

You need to put <table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="foo"> where
foo is the padding you want (or you can use css padding for the cell
padding)
then make the table background-color:#000; and the td
background-color:#fff

Tables are irritating like that...

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk