How to view what hardware has been detected in FC6

John Bowden john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 18:03:36 UTC 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 16:42, Jacques B. wrote:
> > this not give an answer to the original post: where is gone the Hardware
> > Browser in FC6?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > --
> > Alessandro Brezzi
>
> The OP said he was new to FC6 coming over from another flavour of
> Linux. And that he was not comfortable with the command line but is
> trying to learn. From that I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the OP
> was looking for a command line way to view the hardware. I was not
> aware of hwbrowser (a gui solution to his question).
>
> Only the OP can say if I answered his question or not.  Was he looking
> for a gui solution, or a command line solution?  It was not clear in
> his posting.  So you can't state that my posting didn't answer his
> question based on the fact that it's command line vs gui.  Now perhaps
> the gui has more info, and no doubt presents it better.  But that
> wasn't the point you made.  At no time did I get the impression that
> he was asking where the HW browser went.  It's safe to conclude he
> most likely didn't know it existed (in FC6 at any rate being new to
> it) otherwise he would have asked, "where did the hwbrowser go?".
>
> So back to you John (OP), did either or both of these options answer
> your question?  If so, we can move on. If not, you may have to give us
> more details on what exactly you want so that someone can provide more
> suggestions.
>
> Jacques B.
My original posting was more of an introduction and explanation about my Linux
knowledge as well as the original question as to how to find out what
hardware FC had found and correctly diagnosed. I don't mind which method I
use. I want to learn the command line as I think its more powerful and gives
more options. The more I use it the easier it will become. After getting FC
installed, not quite the way I wanted (Primary / secondary hard drive
problems, but I can live with that for now,) I want to get all my hardware
and peripherals working. The first step being to find out what FC had found.
I now have a few of the GUI hardware browsers installed and running. Thanks
for the help so far. I must say I have been lurking around the list for a few
weeks now even though I had not had the time to get FC up and running on my
secondary drive and it does seem a very helpful and friendly list.
--
registered Linux user number 414240
Guy Fawkes the only person to enter the Parliament with honest intentions and