max double

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 16 10:28:40 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 19:44 -0500, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> How do I find the max double on my FC4?
> Thanks,
> Mike.

If you are discussing the size of the double precision number, you can
look in the Math.h.  The exact number will depend on the encoding and
that is separate from the generic language specification.  Most PC's
rely on straight binary encoding, and so would have a range of -2e48 to
(2e48-1) with a characteristic in binary of +32767 to -3768.  The
remaining bit sets the sign for the characteristic.

Regards,
Les H