Selinux

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Dec 18 00:12:56 UTC 2006

Andrea Bencini wrote:
> I installed FC6.
> If and only if  I disable selinux (/etc/selinux/config)  at boot I receive
>
> ....Logical Volume Management: /dev/hdc: open failed: No medium found
> Attempt to close device '/dev/hdc' which is not open
>
> What do I have to do to not receive this message?
> ...and why do I receive this message?

The device mapper is trying to tickle each block device.  /dev/hdc is
your IDE CD-ROM drive, and the device mapper is checking it.  Since it
is empty, you get the warning.  It's not an issue, you can safely ignore
it.

If you are dead-set on not seeing that error, edit /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and
filter /dev/hdc.  There is an example line in the conf file you can use.
  Please read the comments, you will note that only one filter line is
allowed.

You might play with something like:

# Exclude the cdrom drive
filter = [ "r|/dev/hdc|" ]