AverTV DVB T USB2 {-2.5} {-2.5} {-2.6}

John Bowden john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 01:54:47 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 December 2006 01:29, Vini Engel wrote:
> On Monday 18 December 2006 12:20, John Bowden wrote:

> > > No I don't run windows and the blue light never comes on.
> > >
> > > This is what my dmesg says, there are also some usb messages that I
> > > couldn't find as I got these ones from the message log file and not the
> > > dmesg.
> > >
> > > dvb-usb: found a 'AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800)' in cold state,
> > > will try to load a firmware
> > > dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-avertv-a800-02.fw'
> >
> > When you boot FC before you log in do a reboot and then log in. You
> > should find the blue light comes on and stays on even when machine is
> > shut down. You should only need to do this once as long as the machine is
> > left plugged into the mains and the mains is switched on. Then after
> > doing the second boot it gives this:
> >
> > dvb-usb: AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800) successfully initialized
> > and connected.
> > usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_a800
>
> So what you are saying is that my AverTV box will only work if I start up
> my machine with it connected to the USB port. If I just plug it won't work
> straight away, is it correct?
>
> Regards,
> Vini
Yes leave it plugged in, (make sure its in a usb2 socket) you need to do a
reboot the first time to warm up the unit. Once you have done that the blue
light stays on even when you shut down the machine, like the mouse and
keyboard light stays on when the machine is powered down, well my newer
machines do. I have some old and ancient machines here! I'm off to bed now
but will follow the thread latter tomorrow. Good luck.