AverTV DVB T USB2 {-2.5} {-2.5} {-2.6} {-2.6}

John Bowden john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 00:33:45 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 December 2006 23:46, Vini Engel wrote:
> On Monday 18 December 2006 12:54, John Bowden wrote:

> > > So what you are saying is that my AverTV box will only work if I start
> > > up my machine with it connected to the USB port. If I just plug it
> > > won't work straight away, is it correct?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Vini
> >
> > Yes leave it plugged in, (make sure its in a usb2 socket) you need to do
> > a reboot the first time to warm up the unit. Once you have done that the
> > blue light stays on even when you shut down the machine, like the mouse
> > and keyboard light stays on when the machine is powered down, well my
> > newer machines do. I have some old and ancient machines here! I'm off to
> > bed now but will follow the thread latter tomorrow. Good luck.
>
> Hey John,
>
> It worked, I must say that it is not making much sense to me though. As a
> USB device it should start working when it is plugged into the port. I
> think if we restart udev after the AverTV box is connected it may turn the
> box on. Apart from having to restart my machine to make it work, everything
> else looks very good. The image and sound are awesome and I can tune many
> more channels than I could with my conventional TV.
>
> The only thing that is not working though, is the remote control. Does
> yours work at all?
>
> Thanks
> Vini
Alas no. Well not yet as I will have a fiddle with it when I have time. I got
side tracked trying to get my Psion S5 talking to my FC box. When I have that
sorted I will have a fiddle with the remote control. The picture is a lot
clearer and more stable than it was in windoz, and I also have a few more TV
Chanel's. I can send you an off list email If I have any success with the
remote if you like.