buying a 56K modem...

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 01:06:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 19:31 -0500, Ale Alf wrote:
> Hi, i need to buy a 56K modem, and of course it should work on linux.
> Enyone can sugest me   some of them?

I prefer external and it should not rely on software drivers to work...
Linux likes just dumping on the serial port and going about it's other
business. DC Hayes might be the best. Are they still in business? If you
see a modem for $15, avoid it. All of it's compression chores should be
internal and not rely on the cpu. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net