Auto-mounting USB drives with exec turned on

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 19 03:42:38 UTC 2006

Sam Tregar:
>> Hello all.  I'm using Fedora Core 5 and I'm trying to solve a problem
>> with USB drive auto-mounting.  When I plug in my USB drive it gets
>> mounted with noexec turned on.  This is a problem for me because I use

Matthew Miller
> That's not a problem, that's a solution. :)

;-)  I had the opposite problem on FC4/FC5 (haven't tested it on FC6,
yet), that a flash drive would get mounted with the X bit set on all
files, so double-clicking various files would ask me about running
instead of reading them.  I keep meaning to look into mount options for
setting X on directories unsetting it on files...