Mounting NFS Partitions

John Bowden john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 09:57:01 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 02:28, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> John Bowden wrote:
> > Hi Folks.
> > I have dual booted this box with FC6 and winxp. How do I mount my ntfs
> > partitions so I can archive off the stuff I have on the windoz partitions
> > with out booting xp? I find I have less need to use windows now and plan
> > to shrink the 250 GB ntfs disk down and just run my games' from windoz
> > and use the rest of the space for FC6. In fact I will probably only run
> > my games on xp now and run Linux for all my serious work on this machine,
> > something I have been planning to do for about a year and a half. :-)
>
> You can get the kmod-ntfs module that matches your kernel, or
> install ntfs-3g. The first is available at livna and the second in
> extras.
>
> Mikkel
> --
>
>   Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
> for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!
OK installed kmods-ntfs and ntfs-3g with out any error messages. Now where do
I find my wondoz partitions. I looked into /mnt and tried the "system / disk
management tool" but don't see them.
--
registered Linux user number 414240
Guy Fawkes the only person to enter the Parliament with honest intentions and