sendmail domain masquerade

Bryan Hepworth bryan at redfedora.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 20:02:23 UTC 2006

Can someone tell me how to configure domain masquerade to actually work in
sendmail. I have changed the entries in sendmail.mc and ran make to no
avail. The entries I have changed are the listed below in sendmail.mc (this
listing is the generic listing)...

dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
dnl #
dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just @mydomainalias.com, but @*.mydomainalias.com as
well
dnl #
dnl FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
dnl #
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com)dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain.lan)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl

Yes, take the dnl out from the start of the lines you wish to change and put
the domain you wish to masquerade as in the relevant entries in the first
line...

MASQUERADE_AS(`thedomainyouwant.com')dnl