Procmail Problems

Justin W jlist at jdjlab.com
Thu Dec 21 20:32:57 UTC 2006

Matthew Benjamin wrote:

> On 12/21/06, *Sam Tregar* <sam at tregar.com <mailto:sam at tregar.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Matthew Benjamin wrote:
>
>     > * ^Subject:*test
>
>     That should be :.* not :* to match your example.  Your regular
>     expression means "match a string that starts with Subject followed by
>     zero or more colons and the string test."  Instead you want "match a
>     string that starts with Subject: followed by zero or more characters
>     and the string test.
>
>     -sam
>
>     --
>

> Looks like that worked however now, I get this in my log file...
>
> procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=/home/myhome/.procmail/testing.rc"
> procmail: Match on "^Subject:.*test"
> procmail: Locking " in.testing.lock"
> procmail: Error while writing to "_ZdE.FIsiFB.mydomain.yickyack.com"
> procmail: Lock failure on "in.testing.lock"
> procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=in.testing"
> procmail: Opening "in.testing"
> procmail: Error while writing to "in.testing"
> procmail: Locking "/var/spool/mail/myhome.lock"
> procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/spool/mail/myhome"
> procmail: Opening "/var/spool/mail/myhome"
> procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
> procmail: Unlocking "/var/spool/mail/myhome.lock"
> procmail: Notified comsat: "myhome at 1920:/var/spool/mail/myhome"
> From myhome at mydomain.yickyack.com
> <mailto:myhome at mydomain.yickyack.com>  Thu Dec 21 11:19:01 2006
>  Subject: test
>   Folder: /var/spool/mail/myhome
>

> --
> mB.
It looks like you have a permission problem to me. What is specifically
wrong though, I don't know (I use Maildirs in a user's home dir rather
than spool files). The first culprit I always look at SELinux (as I've
been burned by it a couple of times and spent many needless hours
solving something that should have only taken me a minute had I
remembered). Try checking the /var/log/audit/audit.log for any errors
concerning your spool files.

Justin W