NFS and kernel cache

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 20:41:07 UTC 2006

Chris Adams wrote:
> No, because on both ends, the hard drive goes idle.  If I test the speed
> of the hard drives (using bonnie++), I get higher rates.  I did some
> more testing.

<snip>

> I tried doing the dd test on another client system, and I got up to
> 894Mbps (using jumbo frames gets it up to about 971Mbps), so I guess
> part of my problem is the network interface in the first client
> (Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5751M); the server is a Broadcom NetXtreme
> BCM5702X and the second client is a Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5704.

This may be a stupid question, but are any of those on PCI buses? Are
the hard drives on the same PCI bus? Is there anything else that might
take PCI bandwidth?

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "Surely you don't begrudge me one measly bag per cup?"
aprilcottage.co.uk | "Of tea, no. Of sugar, yes."