Udev vs. hal vs. USB vs. KDE -- It's enough to make you weep!

John DeDourek dedourek at unb.ca
Fri Dec 22 00:53:26 UTC 2006

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:

>[clip....]
>

>There is very little documentation about the udev or hal configuration
>files, which control all this.
>

>This is a ZOO!  What's going on here?
>
>Thanks - jon

The comment I saw in a post a while ago was that "they were too busy
coding to
document".  Being in the profession I'm in, I'm too busy marking at the
present
time to document, so I sympathesize with them.  But if no one finds
sufficient
documentation by next summer, I may try my hand myself, because that "dbus
stuff" has bit me several times over the past year, e.g. see bugzilla
218776
against perl or yum and its resolution as a dbus bug (bugzilla 218207).

So, I am looking for pointers to more useful documentation about this stuff
is supposed to work "under the hood" than I have seen so far.