Window positioning?

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Sat Dec 23 12:37:43 UTC 2006

William Case wrote:
> It is very annoying after a while to have to move almost every new
> window from the top left corner to the centre of my screen.  Is there
> any way to set up my system so that every window opens centred?  It
> should be an option.  Some may dislike the fact that the top window
> covers up other smaller windows.  I am not one of those.  I would like
> everything to start centred.

This is one of my 'pet peeves' of linux. I second that motion.

Perhaps in the days of 800x600 screen resolution, it wasn't so much of
an issue. I'd say that it's a serious shortcoming now.

In my short time with linux, I've noticed that saves directory window
positions - why not with applications?

Thank you!