Blocking Spam

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Tue Dec 26 09:08:54 UTC 2006

Jeffrey Ross wrote:

> Spamassassin is the way to go, but make sure you use sa-update to
> update the rules on a daily basis. In addition you may want to
> consider the "FuzzyOCR" plugin which will (help?) stop the annoying
> image spam (I haven't seen one of those in months).

Also, I'd strongly recommend training SA's Bayesian analysis, using the
sa-learn program. SpamAssassin won't use Bayesian analysis until it has
learnt 200 good ("ham") e-mails and 200 spams.

Bayesian analysis continues to be a *very* good way of analysing e-mail,
in my experience.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail:     james@ | The succeeding player has to miss a turn. As no-one's
aprilcottage.co.uk | succeeded, we'll carry on.